We fully understand that we now live in a different world, and our guests will want to know that we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety and hygiene of our establishment.
We have always considered cleanliness to be one of the most important part of our success. However, as a result of Covid 19, we have changed many of our daily practices and services to minimise the risk of contracting and spreading the coronavirus.
The entire hygiene and cleaning standards for our rooms and public places have been adapted to the current situation as we want to provide you with a safe environment to stay.
All of these rules will be constantly revised and subject to change, in accordance with government advice and “best practices”.
Please read this document thoroughly before entering the Guest House. Upon entering our establishment you are accepting these terms and conditions. Those are in place to help protect you, ourselves and our future guests.
Prior to Check In
- Please provide us with every members of the party's names and contact details prior to arrival in order to prevent the need to do this upon check-in.
- If you require the use of a free parking permit for use during your stay, then please also provide us with your car registration number in advance.
- Please advise us of your arrival time to help prevent overlap with other guests.
- Should you wish to pay the remaining balance of your stay before you arrive then you will receive a payment link the day before you are due. Should you wish to pay on arrival by card or cash this can be done upon check-in while social distancing.
- You can phone us on 01493 855469 or use our regularly sanitised doorbell to notify us of your arrival.
- On arrival you will be greeted with social distancing in mind and directed to your room where you will find your sanitised key.
- Hand cleaning with an appropriate solution when arriving at our establishment is compulsory. A cleaning station is available in the entrance hall so that you can use it before and after visiting public areas
- If assistance with luggage is required, you will need to bring it into the Guest House from your car and we will bring it for you and leave it outside your room. This service can also be offered on the reverse on check out.
- We may request you wait outside while we deal with other guests.
- You will find some changes in the bedrooms. We have removed soft furnishing such as cushions and blankets. Each bed will always offer freshly and hygienically cleaned linen. The Guest Information Book has also been removed but you can still get a copy by just asking us.
- We will maintain our usual high standards of housekeeping as well as extra cleaning to all high traffic contact areas regularly throughout the day.
- During your stay, we offer a limited servicing of your room, upon request, in order to minimise the potential risk of COVID-19 contamination. To do so, please put sign on your door to ''Please Service''. Your room will then be serviced anytime between 10am and 1pm and we request that your room is vacated during these hours. We will not be touching or moving any of your clothing or personal possessions or making the bed and will only empty your bins and refill tea and coffee facilities. We will do a very basic clean of the bathroom and replace any towels you would like changing. If you do wish for your towels to be replaced then please place them in the white bag that is under the sink in the bathroom and leave them in the bathroom. Please try to use the cupboards and wardrobes as much as possible and keep your room tidy to assist with housekeeping. Should you not wish for your room to be serviced then use the ‘Do not disturb’ sign but please let us know if there is anything you need.
- Our hotel bedrooms will be aerated for a minimum of 3 hours with open windows in between guests.
- We have employed a new, more intensive and longer cleaning regime for our bedrooms, using appropriate chemicals and products. All our detergents and cleaning products are from leading industrial suppliers and are specifically recommended. We have also invested in a steam cleaner which will be used in the bathrooms and on soft furnishings.
- We have provided all the necessary protective equipment: Face masks, gloves, Antibacterial hand gel, antibacterial wipes.
- We are both trained on how to protect ourselves and others from getting sick.
- On top of the usual cleaning, special care is provided to the contact areas in the bedroom such as the toilets, handles, light switches, remote control, kettle…
- Our linen is washed at a minimum of 60°C for at least 60 minutes and follows strict hygiene COVID-19 standards.
- Please make sure on day of departure you are out of your room by 10am at the latest to help us clean and sanitise the room ready for the next guest.
- You can either ring the regularly sanitised reception bell so we can say goodbye to you or just leave your key on the reception desk.
- Your key will then be sanitised ready for the next guest.
- The Breakfast room is open for all guests.
- The breakfast room have been laid out according to government regulations which at the time of writing is 1 m apart with additional precautions. You will have your own table throughout your stay.
- We will wear masks during food preparation and service.
- All guests must remain seated at their table at all times and we ask all parents / guardians to ensure that children also comply with this rule.
- All doors will remain open to reduce touch points.
- Guests must sanitise their hands before arriving and also after leaving the dining room.
- We have taken away our Buffet items such as cereals, yoghurts, fruits, fruit juice will still be available and can be ordered from your table. Breakfast will not need to be pre-ordered but we would ask for your patience at busy times.
- The chairs and tables will be thoroughly sanitised on departure following the food hygiene guidelines
- All cutlery and crockery will be cleaned in a dishwasher that reaches in excess of 70C
- As part of our daily cleaning regime we have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas and will be using an anti-viral spray to clean touch points such as banisters, door handles and light switches where necessary.
- When you walk in the public areas of the Guest House where the chances of contact with other customers are increased, we ask you to respect social distances.
- We will keep a social distance from our guests at all times and we will wear masks during all contact with customers
- Hand cleaning gel is provided in the entrance hall at all times
- We would ask you please to respect other guests’ space in all public areas.
- This year we retained our 5 rating for food hygiene so meet current food hygiene regulations
- In addition to this no outside suppliers are able to access the kitchen area.
- All food is prepared here in our kitchen on-site and only by ourselves.
- All food suppliers will also adhere to our strict hygiene regulations to reduce the risk of contamination.
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to changes and updated as the need arises and as a result of new government guidance. 25th June 2020
We encourage you to use the official Track and Trace application of the UK government and to inform us of any relevant information. If the application highlights that you have been in contact with other people before visiting our premises, we encourage you to contact us directly so that we can modify your reservation and you must then follow the government guidelines for self-isolation.
If you or anyone of your party develop any symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay we would ask you or someone in your party to notify us immediately and remain isolated in your room. You must then request a Covid-19 test online at www.nhs.co.uk or by phone 119. If you are confirmed to have Covid-19 please advise us and you should return home if you reasonably can using private transport. If this is not possible please contact us for further guidance.
If on arrival or anytime during your stay we believe you are showing signs of Covid-19 we may ask to check your temperature and/or ask you to return home or self isolate and request a Covid-19 test. If you refuse we may ask you to leave.
If one of our visitors shows non-compliance with our policies and government directives, they will be asked to leave the premises immediately, billing for the stay will remain applicable.
Despite the necessary rules and restrictions, we want to assure you that we will continue to offer you our best service and we will continue to do everything we can to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
If need any further information or you are worried about anything at all please do not hesitate to contact us.
We thank you for understanding and your co-operation.